We have finished our version of Moodle for the iPhone. It is not an iPhone app but we have made it look like one.
The script uses a PHP script to determine the User Agent. If the User Agent equals “iPhone” then we tell Moodle to load the iPhone stylesheet.
The iPhone stylesheet removes the left column and changes the links to large display boxes that can be clicked with the finger. The visual style is a clone of the iPhone interface so it looks as though it’s an app.
I have also added extra code (Moodle core hacks) that shows and hides core things in Moodle. This reduces loading time.
There is also a new login page, an admin area, online users and a few other nice touches.
This will be heavily developed over the next few weeks.