Now that the term is underway and we have 1 single merged VLE I thought it would be a good time to view some statistics as to how big the Leeds City College Moodle installation actually is. After visiting http://moodle.org/stats/ I realise we are a long way away from breaking into the top 10 but its still not bad for a UK Further Education College.
You can get a lot of this information by clicking on the notifications link in your site admin menu and clicking on “Moodle Registration“, the rest of the stats were obtained using SQL queries and Google Analytics.
At the time this blog post was written we had:
- 18,425 active students (this will increase as more students logon during the year)
- 1773 active Staff accounts (1224 with editing rights)
- 205,971 Role Assignments
- 4421 Moodle courses
- 429 Course categories
- 46,708 resources totaling 110 GB of data!
- 2932 Forums with 44,330 Forum Posts
- 1365 quizzes with 15,157 questions in the quiz bank
- 1505 online assignments
- 14,046 labels
- In the last week we had 78 iPhone visits, 28 iPad Visits, 21 iPod Touch visits and 18 Android visits
This information may be of use to you if you are planning to scale your Moodle site and shows how quickly a site can grow once you get the tutors on board!
Now that I have this information I am in even more awe of how good Moodle actually is.
Considering the size of the data, the sheer number of role assignments and all the other things going on under the hood such as quizzes, forums and assignment submissions and then it has to authenticate against our enrollment database and sync with various LDAP servers I’m amazed it works as well as it does. And to think that Moodle.org has nearly 1 million users and the Open University has over half a million….amazing stuff!